Places to Eat in Exeter
Top Restaurants in Exeter
- Posted by valerie on 2/15/2010 12:36:37 PM
- No Comment »
Whatever your taste is, there are quite a number of places to eat in Exeter. This is a county where you can find a lot of establishments offering different cuisines whether it is local or international. Rest assured that there is a restaurant that would satisfy your palette. You can also join some food festivals.
Exeter found in Devonshire County is one of the great places to enjoy food and wine. There are actually a lot of establishments that are offering international and local menus. You can select from café, teashops, bistros and restaurants that offer meals made from fresh ingredients. If you are on the rush, there are plenty of delicatessens and markets that offers ready to eat local food. If you love pie, you can get them at the farmer’s market. The government is known to hold foodie events that you can participate in.
- There are some pubs that are serving a lot of visitors for years. This is where you can taste authentic ales and fine wines. The Cathedral Yard and High Street is where you can find these historic pubs. If you love to have a night life, there are actually wine bars found in Exeter.
- There are quite a number of restaurants that offer good food while set in the historical surroundings. You might want to try some cuisines made by Michael Caines at Abode Exeter, and No 21 Cathedral Yard. There are other popular chain restaurants that you can try including as Wagamama, ASK, Cafe Rouge and La Tasca. They offer local flavor with a surrounding that is so inviting.
- You can hold your luncheon and afternoon tea in Cathedral Quarter. Tea on the Green is found in Cathedral Yard where they offer tasty tea. Other cafes with breathtaking view of the cathedral are Michael Caines Café Bar, No 21 or Plant. If you want a chilled out surrounding then head to Exeter Phoenix Cafe Bar and enjoy the outdoor surrounding and sunshine. Nevermiss Devon’s cream teas served in Jolly Roger's Tearooms on the Quayside.
- Woodbury Park is where you can find two world class restaurants. The atrium is found in a 4 star hotel with high ceiling and cozy bar area. This is a place that offers the right atmosphere for whatever occasion there is. The other restaurant is the conservatory which opens daily with the panoramic views of 18th green and the Exe valley. If you want a lighter bite then this is a place that you can visit. During summer, friends and family can gather in its patio. You can hold here intimate dinners.
- Fresha is a place where you can hangout and feel so relax. It is a place where you can relax at its comfortable leather sofas. This is an ideal place for morning coffee, lunch date, meeting or you just want to escape for awhile.