Things To Do In Lowell
Sightseeing In Lowell
- Posted by admin on 4/1/2011 1:44:29 PM
- No Comment »
If you want to travel to Lowell, there are many things that you can do. You will have to look into the festivals, parks, museums, etc. Take your time in visiting this great place and have the most memorable vacation ever.
Any one can have fun when you’re in vacation in Lowell. Whether you’re a traveler or a local resident, there are many things that you can do in Lowell. This is the place where you can spend quality time and scout for cultural things. The place is home to many celebrations or occasions. The neighbors are also very friendly and you can have a lot of fun if you know the right places to visits.
If you want to enjoy some festivals, you have to make sure that you visit Lowell at the right time. Here are some of the occasions that you should look out for:
- Latino Film Festival – this is held on the month of March; if you love films, you will need to attend this
- Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket – this is held on April to May; you will be able to see the daffodils in the shop windows, gardens, and roadsides. There is also a parade being held where you can see the different colors like pale pink, white, orange, and yellow.
- Topsfield Fair – this is held from September to October and it is the oldest fair in America. It offers agricultural exhibits and family entertainment including horse show, flower show, and many others.
There are several parks and museums that you can visit while you’re Lowell. You can visit the following places:
- Lowell National Historical Park – the park was built and designed to commemorate the integral part of Lowell in the Industrial Revolution
- Kerouac Park – you can find statues and monuments in the park that is dedicated to Jack Kerouac, a novelist
- Whistler House Museum of Art – this offers different art collections
- Boott Cotton Mills Museum – this used to be a textile mill and it was one of the remains of the Industrial Revolution
- New England Quilt Museum – this is where you can see contemporary and antique quilts. It holds exhibitions every year and even historical lectures
There are many things that you can do in Lowell. Aside from the festivals, parks, and museums, there are still many attractions that you can explore in the city. You can join summer camps, apple picking, foliage hotspots, and many others. If you love wildlife, you can go bird watching and learn about the endangered species of animals in Massachusetts. There are wildlife refugees that you can visit if you’re interested in flora and fauna.
Regardless of the place where you plan to spend a vacation, you will have to plan everything in advance. Thanks to the power of the internet, you will be able to gather relevant information about the place. You can also make the necessary reservations for your plane tickets and for the hotel. There are local tours and guides that you can consult if you want to get the most out of your time in Lowell. Take your time in finding out all the things that you can do while you’re in town. You can easily get along with the locals because they are very friendly.