Places to Visit in Madrid Spain
Things to See in Madrid, Spain
- Posted by admin on 6/17/2011 10:03:38 PM
- No Comment »
There is much to evaluate in Madrid. It has diversity with splendid shopping areas and beautiful spots to visit. Busiest El Rastro market in Madrid de los Austrias is the region’s best shopping spot. Museo del Prado houses dazzling collection of attractive paintings by eminent painters from Flemish, Dutch, Spanish and Italian type. Teatro Real hosts operas and ballet programs which are amazing. These are few exciting places to visit here amongst many.
Madrid is unique in Spain due to beautiful places and shopping spots. European lyric theatres redefine its cultural amalgamation. Similarly Telefonica Open de Madrid is highly attractive Club de Campo here. Who is not aware of the Madrid International Fashion Week organized with big bang? The female fashion exhibition defines the Spanish fashion as an ultimate European fashion statement.
Shopping Spree: Of course Madrid has proved wonderful place in Spain and offers competitive price of Spanish items sold. It welcomes shoppers from around the world so its recognition in international market can’t be ruled. Gathering of several foreign exhibitors in the occasional exhibition turn Madrid hot cake for all. Perhaps it is the main reason that Madrid is known around the world as a city to be explored 24/7.
Unique Locations: Some places in Madrid are unique with their specialties. Take for example wonderful medieval village of Madrid, Alarcón that is surrounded by the rocks of River Júcar in Cuenca making it unique place to visit. Several such walled village house castles, churches and typical stone-built houses make it peaceful and amazing. List of peaceful locations is many. Few prominent ones are listed below:
- Royal Palace of Madrid or Palacio Real is luxurious with more than 2,000 lavishly decorated rooms
- Art museum is unique with diverse collection of paintings
- Convent of the Royal Barefoot Nuns or Monasterios de las Descalzas Reales is amazing
- Royal Botanic Garden, also called Real Jardin Botanico is famous Archeological Musuem
- The Plaza de España is largest and renowned squire in Madrid
It is not possible to count each location elaborately. Sunny days see Madrid having the gathering of street vendors, sunbathing locals and tourists. Busy street of Madrid Gran Via sees enough gathering. Some more sites which you can’t ignore include:
- Historical Templo de Debod
- St. Fernando Royal Academy of Fine Arts
- Art museum
- Alcala Gate and Puerta de Alcalá
- Puerta de Alcalá or Alcala Gate
- Prado Museum (Museo del Prado)
- El Rastro, Madrid
- Sun's Gate (Puerta del Sol)
Parque del Retiro is famous park in Madrid that receives enough rush on weekends. Huge triumphal arch, Arco de la Victoria redefines its history with monumental grace. Similarly Templo de Debod is prominent monument here that define the Spanish civilization vividly.