Visiting Acapulco, Mexico
Acapulco - A Tropical Paradise
- Posted by admin on 7/19/2009 6:45:26 PM
- No Comment »
With many beach resorts in South America, Acapulco is one of the most ideal destinations for beach lovers with its clean and pristine water and sugar-like white sand.
Another reason why this beach resort is a great summer destination is that the services and accommodations here are more affordable compared to other tropical hot spot.
- Zocalo – this is a town square that is located in the western side of La Costera and has become popular among tourists who want to see Acapulco’s local culture.
This place also boasts exotic restaurants, street-corner kitchens, and sidewalk bistros—a sure way to taste Mexico’s mouth-watering dishes.
- Isla de la Roqueta – this is a beach with calm and shallow water and sugar-like sands, making this place ideal for families with children.
Some areas of this island are also a great snorkeling spot; however, the waves can be rough in most times.
- Puerto Marquez – a small bay located east of Acapulco, this place boasts beach-side restaurants that offer mouth-watering and cheap dishes. This is also one of the best spots to watch the breath-taking tropical sunset.
- Pie de la Cuesta – located 6 miles northwest of Acapulco and sandwiched between the Pacific Ocean and Laguna de Cuyoca freshwater lake, this strip of land is perfect for couples with its quiet and serene ambience. However, local tour guides advice tourists not to swim or cruise in the Pacific Ocean since the waves are often rough and dangerous.
- La Quebrada Cliff Divers – since 1934, cliff divers in Acapulco have been performing dare-devil stunts by jumping into the water. To have a better view of divers, tourists can eat at La Perla restaurant or they can pay for an entrance fee to stay in a platform built near the cliff.
Nightlife in Acapulco
In terms of nightlife, Acapulco’s main street boasts clubs and bars—a great place for party lovers and college students who are spending their spring break.
One of the most popular bar destinations is probably the Andromedas which is located on the Costera avenue. This place provides techno music and will only cost around $25 for cover charge that already includes drinks.
Fun for the Whole Family in Acapulco
CiCi Acapulco Magico is the most popular water park in the area—making this a great destination for families with kids. This place also boasts dolphin shows and tourists can swim with the animals for an hour by paying US$120.
Meanwhile, Acapulco has other destinations including golf course, eco-system lakes, man-made canals, and structures which dated back from Spanish period when Mexico was still a colony.
Hotels and Villas in Acapulco
One of the main attractions of Acapulco is its affordable but high-class accommodations, with some of these even provide personal assistants, maids, and private chefs.
One of the most well-known hotels in the area is Fairmont Acapulco Princess that is built like an Aztec Pyramid. While this place is more expensive than most hotels in the area, it provides impressive service, complete amenities, and an excellent view of the beach.